1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Can't get ASP pages to work on IIS (HTML pages work OK)

I am new to IIS (I installed it on my computer a couple of years ago, but I hardly used it) and I also want to learn ASP. Plain HTML pages work fine, but when I try to load ASP pages, I get the following error message:

Server Application Error

The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.
    When I go to the event log, the following error message is there:
    0000000001: 2010-10-29 18:48:51:190 Exception <atixcode.dll>: COM object with CLSID {981145A7-E08E-48F3-A1C4-52C28BCAAAF9} is either not valid or not registered.
    Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.TransCode.Local.Shared.TC_Component::CheckTrancodeComObject processID:05748 threadIDCLIWizard ) domainNamecli.exe ) assemblyNameCLI.Aspect.TransCode.Local.Shared, Version=1.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
    What do I need to do in order to get ASP pages working? I am using Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3. I am reasonably familiar with Apache and PHP, but I'm new to IIS and ASP and I'm finding it difficult to get my head around it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

IIS is not supported on XP Home.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo