1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problem with Default Documents

Hi, I am having a problem defining default documents for two websites. The two websites are stored in the same wwwroot folder, and one needs to go to "default.aspx" and the other needs to go to "login.aspx." When I update the default document for one website to login.aspx, it changes the other one too. Any ideas? Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You'll have to set up two separate virtual directories to get a different order of default document execution I think. Why would you have two separate websites both in one folder anyway?
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Doug G
    You'll have to set up two separate virtual directories to get a different order of default document execution I think. Why would you have two separate websites both in one folder anyway?
    Well, it's technically the same website. I have login.xxxx.com and www xxxx.com

login.xxxx.com needs to go to login.aspx
    and the other one to default.aspx

That's just how the client wants it to be set up. It worked fine on the old IIS on Server 03 but now that we've upgraded to Server 08 and IIS 6.0 it doesn't want to let me do it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Maybe there was some .htaccess-like code in your system.config or maybe you need some, or maybe there was some 3rd party isapi on your IIS6 server? You could probably put some code in whatever is the 'default' page that redirects based on the client referrer url.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo