1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question IIS 7 Problems while opening a page

Hi all,

I have a big problem. On every page load I get the "Windows notifying mask" although "anonymous authentication" is checked.The user "IUSR" has sufficient permissions on the folder. The funny thing is if you press cancel you will be redirected to the page.

any ideas?
  3. No Profile Picture

Inorder to install it, go to Control Panel Programs and Features Turn windows features on or off
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by kevin2s
    Inorder to install it, go to Control Panel Programs and Features Turn windows features on or off
    This comment has nothing to do with the OP question. Please don't clutter up threads with posts that aren't relevant.

To the original question, I have no idea what "windows notifying mask" refers to.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  7. No Profile Picture

Sry, I meant the user and password prompt.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

If you're getting an authentication popup to enter a username/password then your server code may be written to force authentication. If your IIS is configured to use only windows authentication, then the popup would indicate that the user account the server is using doesn't have permission to visit the desired page, or some sub-page of the page like .css, png, or other pieces of the overall web page.

Check your windows permission settings.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    Bartender to Rene Descartes "have another beer?" Descartes: "I think not" and he vanished.
    --Alfred Bester
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi,
    I have chosen for the page in IIS anonymous access only. The IUSR user has full permissions on all folders.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

I haven't used IIS in years, but if some file that's part of your page doesn't allow the IUSR read permissions, IIS may popup an authentication box. I don't know for sure. Otherwise you'll have to debug your application to figure out what is causing the authentication popup.
    [
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    --Alfred Bester

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo