1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Trouble installing IIS on Win2k workstation.

Hiya!

I have to install IIS on my workstation at work. I'm running Windows 2000 - *not* Server. Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove... > A/R Windows Components > IIS.

The problem is, it installs most of the way, but then about a quarter inch before completion, it hangs. My computer doesn't freeze, and I can move the window, it just... stops installing. I have to go to Task Manager to end the install manually.

At this point, it's only partially installed, because when I go back to add IIS, I see it has some things installed. So, I uninstall it (which runs fine), reboot my machine (to be on the safe side), and try again. Same thing.

Currently, I'm in a training class, so I logged out of the network, logged in as admin on my own machine, and I'm running it again. In the meantime, any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

-xtina
  3. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If the user you were logged in as wasn't a local administrator, you probably are on the right track by reinstalling as the local administrator user.

Turn off any Antivirus script-blocking and/or firewalls while you're installing.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo