December 4th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Basics of iPhone Apps and Development
I have an iPhone and like way apps work. I'm an Windows PC user (not Apple) and would like to continue doing so atleast for the time being. What I would to know is the following:
1) Basics of iPhone apps development. What do I need to have, what programming software to use, how to deploy and have my apps on the app store (from a to z) in simple english.
2) I am a programmer and can learn quite fast. I use C# now and have used C, Pascal, Basic, etc before. I'm interested to develop apps for iPhone. However, I would like to use it in Windows as I heard apps need to be developed in Apple. What should I do and go about it? What do I need.
3) Is there an easier way to develop apps? I heard Flash Professional does it for you. What's the cons and pros.
Thanks and I look forward to your knowledge sharing
February 21st, 2012, 04:20 AM
To develop apps for the iPhone you will need an Intel-based Mac running Leopard (OS X 10.5.3 or later). Any Mac released since 2006, laptop or desktop, should work.
Than follow the steps below:
1) Register for the iPhone Developer Program.
2) Download the latest version of the iPhone SDK, including XCode.
3) Install the SDK.
4) Follow the iPhone Development Quick Start guide.
Good luck !
March 15th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Thanks all here. As I am a new to IPhone and eager to learn about iPhone apps, this would help me definitely.
October 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
For developing iPhone application or for executing the task of iPhone app development, you need to gain the knowledge and skills over following things:-
1. Objective-C programming
2. Knowledge of various APIs and the fundamentals of Cocoa
3. Aware of using iPhone SDK which includes various files & folders, application coding samples and simulator for testing the developed application.
In order to get more about the same, you can take a visit to the official site Apple especially developed for guiding the iPhone developers:- developer.apple.com