December 4th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Basics of iPhone Apps and Development
I have an iPhone and like way apps work. I'm an Windows PC user (not Apple) and would like to continue doing so atleast for the time being. What I would to know is the following:
1) Basics of iPhone apps development. What do I need to have, what programming software to use, how to deploy and have my apps on the app store (from a to z) in simple english.
2) I am a programmer and can learn quite fast. I use C# now and have used C, Pascal, Basic, etc before. I'm interested to develop apps for iPhone. However, I would like to use it in Windows as I heard apps need to be developed in Apple. What should I do and go about it? What do I need.
3) Is there an easier way to develop apps? I heard Flash Professional does it for you. What's the cons and pros.
Thanks and I look forward to your knowledge sharing
February 21st, 2012, 04:20 AM
To develop apps for the iPhone you will need an Intel-based Mac running Leopard (OS X 10.5.3 or later). Any Mac released since 2006, laptop or desktop, should work.
Than follow the steps below:
1) Register for the iPhone Developer Program.
2) Download the latest version of the iPhone SDK, including XCode.
3) Install the SDK.
4) Follow the iPhone Development Quick Start guide.
Good luck !
March 15th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Thanks all here. As I am a new to IPhone and eager to learn about iPhone apps, this would help me definitely.
hello guys, is there any interesting iphone/apple apps updates?please tell me..thank you in advance.
August 16th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I am looking to buy a phone but I am confused which one should I opt for. Iphone is best for internet but for data transfer it poses lot of problems as it requires synchronization. So plz can anyone help me out with this?
Thanks in advance.
August 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Were you looking for a phone or a storage device?
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
October 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
For developing iPhone application or for executing the task of iPhone app development, you need to gain the knowledge and skills over following things:-
1. Objective-C programming
2. Knowledge of various APIs and the fundamentals of Cocoa
3. Aware of using iPhone SDK which includes various files & folders, application coding samples and simulator for testing the developed application.
In order to get more about the same, you can take a visit to the official site Apple especially developed for guiding the iPhone developers:- developer.apple.com
November 23rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
Don't know if this helps but I am doing my app according to this sample program (You can find it if you Google on: "voip-sip-sdk/page457 - How to build an iPhone / iPad VoIP client"). It is going to be a VoIP client, maybe the sample will give you some useful ideas. Hope you will find it useful.
November 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
I'm in the same case too, so thank you all.
Originally Posted by petersampsons