Thread: GUI App Dev?

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question GUI App Dev?

I realize that this may be total sacrilege to post here ... but do you guys have any positive experience with any of those app builders out there?

Here's my issue ... we are a small vision rehab clinic. We offer some myopia programs online - it's really just some very basic Wordpress formatted method though, we're not awesome programmers (just good at fixing myopia).

We have a lot of clients asking about iphone / ipad app, though. They could just pull up our Website, but I guess some mobile friendly navigation and stuff would be good ... for something like that, do you have pointers for tools we might use, at least for a first round, to see if there is even a realistic demand?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Might want to look at something like Phonegap. It will let you build your app using JavaScript and HTML instead of Objective-C, plus then you don't need a Mac to compile the app and it will work on other mobile platforms like Android too.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Might want to look at something like Phonegap. It will let you build your app using JavaScript and HTML instead of Objective-C, plus then you don't need a Mac to compile the app and it will work on other mobile platforms like Android too.
    Thanks, definitely will check that one out.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo