1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

IPhone Development Certification

Hi all,

I have a question about having iPhone development certification. I have been studying iPhone development independently and hope to eventually have a job developing iPhone apps. Do employers look at certification favorably when considering a job applicant?

Also, the only online courses I have found that do not cost an arm and a leg is either the Stanford classes on iTunes (free, of course) and the EDUMobile classes. Are the EDUMobile iPhone certification legit and viewed by employers favorably? has anybody had any real experience with the EDUMobile certification and how are they?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by villron
    Hi all,

I have a question about having iPhone development certification. I have been studying iPhone development independently and hope to eventually have a job developing iPhone apps. Do employers look at certification favorably when considering a job applicant?

Also, the only online courses I have found that do not cost an arm and a leg is either the Stanford classes on iTunes (free, of course) and the EDUMobile classes. Are the EDUMobile iPhone certification legit and viewed by employers favorably? has anybody had any real experience with the EDUMobile certification and how are they?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

if i were the employer,i would prefer the employees with a certification which shows your real developing ability to some extent.but don't be frustrated because in some areas including software developing industry experience also plays an important role..so just have a try.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi villron

zhaoyan Rightly said that Experience dose matter. If you have a great knowledge and experience in your field than what is the need of its certifications ? Most companies want required knowledge. I m also in Iphone application development but i didn't do any certification and i m getting better salary in my company. So i would like suggest to you that learn new things & keep your knowledge update.

Regards

Sirena.
  7. No Profile Picture

The Certification in iPhone Development is a good thing to have for a better job. It also needs practical projects and learning knowledge to make a career in iPhone development ahead. As the market is going towards Android OS you should also have a good understanding of it for future prospects.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo