1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unlocking IPhone4 CMDA (Verison Version)???

Hello,

I need help unlocking my Iphone4 CMDA that is from Verison. It does not come with a Sim Card Slot, so this is not as easy as as the GSM version. If anyone could help me and give me some tips or show me some links or tutorial on how I could get this done, I would very much appreciate it.

I am at a position where I don't know whether to root or jailbreak the phone or what? At the same time, I know that rooting it will not unlock it. So, I am not 100% sure what to do with it or even if it is possible to unlock it.

If anyone has done it or has any idea of how to do it. Please give me some advice. I am really not trying to brick my phone. But I am trying to learn how to do this.

Thank You All
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Unlocking - allows the device to be used on a different carrier than what it was initially setup for.

Jailbreaking - Allows you to do a variety of things, including access the entire device file system as the root user, install 3rd party apps not approved by Apple.

You want to unlock the device so you can use a different carrier or do you want to jailbreak so you can run 3rd party apps?
    Being educated does not make you intelligent
  5. No Profile Picture

Honestly, I want to do both to the phone but I have no idea how. I have been told several times that this phone is unable to be unlocked, due to the fact that it does not have a sim-slot. I was thinking there might be a way around that.

I understand jail-breaking it is not permitted by Apple, and neither is unlocking really, that is why I am doing it at my own risk.

I honestly was thinking that maybe I could jailbreak the phone to get to certain files that could possibly enable it to be unlocked. But I am not sure.

I am just wanting to know if it is possible and if you can help me in any way.

Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo