Thread: Pc development

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pc development

Hi Guys,

Just started looking into iphone app development but im not a mac user. is there a work around for development on the pc i can only find software for the mac.

Cheers
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I haven't tried it, but this might help. It basically tells you how to get OSX running in a Virtual Machine.

http://iphone-sdk-in-windows.co.uk/

I may try setting this up myself sometime when I have the time to do so and get my hands on a copy of OSX. I was also considering just breaking down and buying a used mac laptop.

I've been a PC platform user since the original IBM PC. I'm an old dog to be sure, but I can learn a new trick or two. I also would love to try to develop some iPhone apps. If you try it let me know how it works out for you.

Cheers
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Ill give that ago thanks and ill also keep you guys updated.

Here is the blackberry app development link for creating apps (windows based as well, using VWD)
  7. No Profile Picture

I have installed OSX on my Vista laptop and then got the iPhone SDK working in Xcode. It can be done but it is very slow and unstable, if you really plan on trying to code in an efficient manner, I would not recommend programming on a 'virtualized' version of OSX.

Good luck with your iPhone endeavors, a lot of opportunities still out there!

-SD
  9. Blowing up trees with my mind.
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

You could always go the hackintosh route, if your hardware supports it. The legality is questionable, but to each his own...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo