1. User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb IPhone Payment Processing

Hi all,
    I'm making an app where users can buy vouchers from, say for example for a set lunch menu at a restaurant, and I've got to the stage where I need to start thinking about payments for these vouchers.

I believe that Apple's in-app purchases don't allow for physical goods or vouchers so I need to somehow implement a custom payment solution. I've spoken to my bank and they have no experience with it, only website stuff so I'm at a loss really.

It seems simple enough to me to use a NSURLConnection to pass the card details over to some payment gateway but my reading doesnt seem to suggest that this is something which is allowed by the payment processing people. I don't like the idea of having a webview showing a form as it would spoil the flow of the app.

There's that mobile PayPal api on the developer network, but it only seems to ask for login, not just putting your card details in. I'd rather not have people log in to a 3rd party site, after logging into mine.

Does anyone have any experience implementing a payment solution in an iphone app, and if so could you point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,
    Sephers.
  3. No Profile Picture

Iphone payment system

Hi All.

Accepting payments through cards can boost your sales by almost 50%. This would increase your revenue by a considerable margin. However, card terminals are fixed to one place and are not portable. This could be a hindrance if you are into door-to-door selling. The immobility of terminals can result in loss of sales as the customers don't have the option to make payments with visa or master card.

All your comment for iphone payment system are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Comments on this post

• Catacaustic disagrees : Try reading the questions first...
  5. No Profile Picture

i think better its CardPay, you can get it's here cardpay(dot)com ... i too opted for a long time, and stood on it. There a good percentage, and there are have different services :-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo