Thread: Event App

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Event App

Hi,

I need to develop an app for a society to send their latest event details to their members. This society has several branches and each branch should be able to send event feed to the app. I am new to app development and need to start development from scratch. An app is all that is required for this or there are more required at the backend ?
    Would appreciate if there is a link to tutorial for this type of event app development.
    Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The app is just an interface to the data; the data has to come from somewhere, and there needs to be a way to update and maintain the information. You're looking at developing two separate applications. I'd start with a web page that will house the dynamic data, possibly with a web interface for those members who do not own a smart phone. You can choose whether to have your phone app scrape the information from the actual web page, or to have a streamlined link that would return just the information required to generate the page on the phone.

Once you have this up and stabilized, then you want to write a smart phone app that will grab and display the data for the end user.

Comments on this post

• balvin agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you for the info @rpural

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo