November 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Agent Based Modelling Civil Violence
I have a project and as the title says I need to create a Agent Based Modelling application for modelling civil violence. To briefly describe what this ABM should do is:
1. Written in Java
2. Allows user to input parameters such number of no.cops, no.citizens, governments harshness, length of jail sentence, life span of citizens etc
3. There should be hard codes rules for simulating the behaviour of violence.
4. Real time simulation showing the cops, citizens and jailed citizens.
5. There should be a real time graph showing no. cops, citizens, jailed citizens.
6. Should have the ability to repeat the same or similar simulation with the exact parameters.
7. And export the captured parameters.
Now I researched into examples of this sort of ABM simulation and the closest thing I found was NetLogo Models Library: Rebellion and foxes and rabbit simulation .
I know that there going to be lots of different classes and some interfaces and abstract classes. However I've never done anything like this so if you guys have done anything likes can you please guide me towards how to design this project using class diagrams, UML diagrams and sequence diagrams ? And finally how to actually start coding all these into Java ?