1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question ajp13 tomcat conector timeout? - IIS 6.0

I have tomcat working redirected through IIS 6.0, it works fine when you load a jsp page, however if you leave the page for a while then try clicking a link on it to display a jsp page, for example, a news section it says page can't be displayed. I think it is because of a timeout with the redirection or something, I have changed the timeout setting in tomcat admin to its maximum value 60000 millieseconds but this does not help...

has anyone had the same problem or know anything that i could do to sort this out, I am trying to host a jsp webpage and can't continue with this happening. Please help!!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Does the same error occur when the page is being referenced from the tomcat server directly?
  5. No Profile Picture

nope it works fine thats why I assumed it was the connector causing the problem... thanks for your interest, I am still having the problem so any help is greatly appreciated.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Have you checked the timeout session on the IIS server? Can you trace the connection and see where the 'Can not be displayed' is originated from?
  9. No Profile Picture

If you are talking about the connection timeout under properties of the webpage then yes I have tried that and doesn't seem to make any difference. How would I go about tracing where the page has come from, I am unsure on how to do this.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thankyou very much for your help, I have sorted the problem out. I set the timeout on the tomcat conncector to 0 and this seems to have done the job.

Thanks again and i hope this will help some one else out with the same problem.
  13. PHP & Java Error Master
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

bleh
    Last edited by StevenC; July 9th, 2003 at 09:45 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

In your webserver logs you will need to look at when the connection was requested at the IIS server and when the connection was received at the Tomcat server.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo