1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Bar Chart with Movable/dragable shapes

This is Sai,

In my web application as a user I will put some points on the bar chart(which contains X and Y axis) and then when I click on button all the points should join & form a shape and when I drag and drop that particular shape to other place in that bar chart it should able to read the chart coordinates and I can able to resize that shape.

Please anyone can open up your suggestions.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Is this on an html page displayed in a browser? Sounds like a javascript application, not java.
  5. No Profile Picture

I agree

Hi NormR,

I agree with you but the thing is by using java script while drag and drop it is not accurate and if the no of shapes become huge then it takes so much time to load so can you suggest me better solution.

This is my main problem:-

the back ground layer(where all the shapes are placed) I took was a table so while drag and drop the challenge is I had to consider each and every id of <td> so script takes so much time so is there any alternate for this ?????

Thanks for your valuable time
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Solutions is...

Hi

Please find the solutions
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://highcharts.com/js/testing.js"></script>  <div id="container" style="height: 300px; width: 400px; border: 1px solid black;"></div> var renderer = new Highcharts.Renderer(         $('#container')[0],         400,         300     ),     rect = renderer.rect(100, 100, 100, 100, 5),     clickX, clickY;  var start = function(e) {     $(document).bind({         'mousemove.rect': step,         'mouseup.rect': stop     });          clickX = e.pageX - rect.translateX;     clickY = e.pageY - rect.translateY; }  var step = function(e) { //    console.log(     rect.translate(e.pageX - clickX, e.pageY - clickY) }  var stop = function() {     $(document).unbind('.rect'); }  rect.attr({     'stroke-width': 2,     stroke: 'red',     fill: 'yellow',     zIndex: 3 }) .translate(0,0) .on('mousedown', start) .add();
    Thanks
    Diya

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo