1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

College Level Java Course Videos

So, I am currently doing a Software Engineering major and a friend of mine is doing a Computer Science major. We have a grand project, for which we decided to use Java so that we can port it to the Android phones later on.

The main problem is, I don't really know much about Java, other than some syntactic rules and such. My partner doesn't either, so I will have to learn in advance and he will follow behind.

An idea about learning Java that came to my mind is the fact that this language is taught at so many CS or SWENG courses in colleges. And some colleges (MIT and a few others) have started distributing their course material online. So rather than reading a boring book, I could watch some videos and study the rest on my own if I can find such a course. If there are no college courses, I could also call it a day if there are any other kind of video courses.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
  3. Daniel Schildsky
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Tutorials - find from google

Well, I suggest you google for them, and choose the ones best suited for your purpose and level. Here is the result from my googling:
    Java video courses - tutorials from google
    When the programming world turns decent, the real world will turn upside down.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo