1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Database in Java

I am writing code in java to support a working database. What I mean by that is I will have linked list store the data(I plan to change later) and use a parser to break down sql statements in turn interacting with the linked list. The question I have is how would I go about parsing a create table statement to interact with the linked list? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  3. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

It does not make sense to have access a Linked List as an Database and if you even already know you want to change the "Storage data" later, why not change it now?

What exactly do you want to accomplish as your end goal?
  5. No Profile Picture

The end goal is to have a running database completly built in Java. I'm starting with the linked list at this point as I am more familiar with them and will expand on that part later. Thanks
  7. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Is it only for learning?

Do you know about Java DB / Apache Derby?
  9. No Profile Picture

Yes it is for learning it was recommended by one of my friends and I just ran with it. I want to learn more about databases and also get better acquainted with java as I usually code in c++. I want to take a sql command such as create Table and make a table using linked list and perform simple sql query using only java. I would also want to parse those statements to get the corresponding action using the linked list for storage.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo