1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Error Message - Java Installer - Corrupt?

Alright so recently I was prompt to download and install the lastest Java "7 update 21"

I tried to download and install it. Did not work

I tried restarting the computer then doing it again. Didn't work

I tried removing all other prior versions of Java and then downloading and installing the latest version.

I can't post an image due to being new, but the Error messages reads:
    Downloaded File
    C:\Users\Caleb\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\jre1.7.0_21\java_sp.dll is corrupt.
    If someone could help me better understand what I am doing wrong and/or let me know what I can do to fix this.
  3. No Profile Picture

I had exactly the same problem. I tried on two different computers - one Windows XP, one Windows 7, but the result was the same. Downloading installer, and then the same corrupt file. But, just now both installations went ok, without problem.
  5. No Profile Picture

Jave 21 corrupt

I am having the same issue, it's not you
  7. No Profile Picture

Arrow Resolution of corrupt java.dll library

Hello!

I haved the same problem with Java installer when I have downloaded the online Java installer.

TechInfo:
    - Windows 7 (one boot system)
    - architecture i386 (x86)
    - Dell Latitude D630

Resolution :

Microsoft website wrote this:

From the issue description, it looks like you recently installed latest Java version and receiving error message saying “java_sp.dll is corrupt”.

To help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following question:

Was the installation of Java successful?

This issue occurs if the installation was not successful, let’s uninstall Java using their uninstaller tool and reinstall the same.

- I have reinstalled once the same version of Java online installer. Java produced same error like yours.

Download errors: java_sp.dll is corrupt, 1305, 2755, 1606, etc. ---> Download and install Java for Windows - Offline installation (offline installer of Java) :

- Go to the Java´s website and in section named Download you will see also the Offline Installation of Java with their offline installer. Download it and install to your PC or notebook. It works (for me).

Like Newbie I can´t write the URLs (Rule of the Forum), sorry.

This resolution have me helped, Java is now installed, runs and works fine...

Good Luck!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo