1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face Forms processing before submitting?

Hey guys - I usually hang out at the php side, but..

I have a form that I need to tweek out a bit, and it was suggested to me that I use Javascript..

I have a form that needs to display additional fields if a certain check box is selected. I am using php to actually process the form (the form is in 2 parts - form.html and process.php).

I was wanting to do an if/then kinda thing, but have no CLUE how to do it w/ javascript.

Essentially, if a user picks "yes", I want 3 more fields to show up. If they pick "no", continue on to the other questions.

There is a need for this to be done 2x on the same form - the form is to be used by a helpdesk to report outages, etc..

any advice, tips, samples, etc.. is appritiated..
    Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Moderator =(8^(|)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Well, that's not going to be easy to do with Java .

Try asking again in the Html & Javascript forum. You'll get more help there.

(And don't worry, people stumble in here all the time looking for javascript help).
    -james
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

If you are still interested I have come across some nice scripts are www.dynamicdrive.com. I would see if they might have what you are looking for.
    El éxito consiste en una serie de pequeñas victorias día a día

MySQL, MS SQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle Database Manager - http://victorpendleton.net/products/psdviewer.html
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I think there is no onClick event for check box. Instead you can use a graphical button that looks like a check box. then put onClick event that point to the javascript function to render additional rows (maybe need to redraw the whole form)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo