1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FTP protocol implementation

Hi people!

I have to write a code for File Transfer Protocol! It says that I only need to write code for client, but it also says that I have
    to run the program and send some files to server. I guess than I also need server side as well. I have to write my own classes, I cann't import some existing classes. I have to connect to the server with password and username and after that send some files to the server. I don't know anything about FTP. Can i maybe do this by Sockets and ports? I worked something with that.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

5. No Profile Picture

Yes, this is also me
  7. No Profile Picture

Norm thanks for help, but I still have problems.
    Guys, is there anybody to know something about this. When I try to find on google how to write your own code for FTPClient I always find advices to use some already existing classes like appache FTP server, but it does'n help me. It is really important, so if anybody can give me some advice I would appreciate it very much. Is there some source code for that appache FTP server to see how it is done? I know how to connect on server using sockets. I have Filezilla on my computer and I run my FTPClient aplication and it connects on FileZilla server. Now I have to login with username and password and send some files on server.

I will also post this on another site
  9. No Profile Picture

I finished my FTP client application

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo