1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

well this is the first time i trying to host servlets so i am kinda confused.I am trying to host my servlets on a unix server which has jserv.I have my database in access where for the local machine i have used a user dsn in the connection string.Then i have 2 packages...one for presentation of my html and the other which takes care of connecting to the database and fetching the results of my queries.Now this server does not support dsn.And as instructed by the web master
    i have put my servlets and the packages in the servlets directory under the document root directory.Now ohw do i get it to work
    i tried want to know if i will hve to convert my database into msql which is on the server or can i use my existing access database.and if so then how?
    and after putting th servlets in the servlets directory how do i make a call to thema and how do i give an alias name to the servlet.
    please help
    asap
    thanks in advance to anyone who does

Comments on this post

• JimmyGosling agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ive got a few pointers for you.
    To se if they start, check out
    www.yoursite.com/servlet/yourpackage.yourservlet

the host must be hosting other pages, check them oout if that url doesent work.

Regarding the database, you have to upload the mySQL drivers in your servlet directory, if it isnt installed by your host already.

to se error messages from your servlets check the error logs, where they are at your site I really cant tell, but I would gess under logs.

if the databse doeent work from start I sugest that you install mySQL, it isnt that hard, and do the programming against it, that way you know you dont have to deal with such troubles as rewriting sql and stuff

/Johan Larsby

Comments on this post

• JimmyGosling agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo