Thread: help please

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

dealing with database or someother type of scripting?

ok i hope i can make this sound correct. i am making a website for my friend's clan/guild in a game called counter-strike - on the website i have a members page that lists the player name, email, and aim (and/of) msn screen names. i want to make a script so that when i click on the memeber name it takes me to another page this page will have the players' actual name, location, age, homepage, bday, etc etc. what i want i guess would be some sort of database. where when i click the name from the member page it loads the new page, but with that new page the name appears and all the other information appears - but the whole point of this script is so that i dont have to have 30 different pages, 1 for each member. just one page that loads dif information. can someone please help me - or direct me in the right direction. anything will help
    Last edited by november; November 7th, 2002 at 05:06 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Moderator =(8^(|)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

What kind of language experience do you have? What software is installed on your server?

Given the question you're asking, I'm willing to bet that a php/mysql approach would be the best bet for you.

What you're trying to do is very basic, and will be easy once you are a little more familiar with what's involved.

Go read some of the php tutorials here . I'd start with PHP 101.

You might want to ask in the php forum, too.

And if you really do want to do the development in java, start here to get familiar with jsp.
    -james

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo