1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need help on my project.

Hello guys. I am currently taking java course on my CS major. And I need to prepare a java Project. The goals of that Project is being creative (not that much) and doing something that can be useful and also not that easy. I have an idea in my mind: Bodybuilding workout program creator for beginners. (BTW I have nothing to do with bodybuilding but there is quite many sources on internet about that so the knowledge part would not be a problem IMO).
    The features of this Project are:
    1- Adjusting number of sets and reps based on your body mass index. And also suggesting cardio-cycle-running type-sit up type exercises if needed, for losing fat and belly.
    2- Preparing a workout program based on selection of user on which part of body he/she wants to workout that consists of moves that for that part (Such as shoulder,arm etc.)
    3- Putting that moves on order based on approved suggestions on internet. (Such as leg moves last, shoulder moves first etc. )
    4- Show an estimated completion time of program.
    5- A section for descriptions of moves with images and .gif's. (Those are also quite easy to find on internet)
    6- And a section for nutrition/workout tips. (Maybe nutrition tips may base on body mass index data and give personalized tips)
    7- A basic-simple GUI.

Those are features of my Project in my mind. I think I have enough(at least close to enough) knowledge of java to code this. But since it is my first Project and since I have never worked on projects before I don't really know how/where to start to code this. So can you guys give me suggestions/tips about this and tell me how should I design my class' and methods to achive this? I would really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks and sorry about long post and my English.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have tried to start coding but then I realise I don't know where to start coding and what kind of class' should I have. I feel that If I can start coding the rest will come easily. But it's just a feeling
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Some thoughts:
    What data does the program need to get from the user?
    What would be done with that data? Saved for future reference, used to generate a report
    What report would be put out for the user?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo