1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection settings

I am not able to install the new JAVA. I have tried the online installer and the offline installer. Each time, I get the error message:

"The installer cannot proceed with the current Internet Connection settings."

After searching for help on the JAVA website, I uninstalled all older versions and extensions of JAVA and tried to install JAVA 6 again, using the online, then the offline methods. Still getting the same error.

More research led me to believe it may be the firewall, so I completely disabled the firewall and tried to install...same result, disabled anti-virus and adware programs and tried to install JAVA, but still the same result.

I am not having problems with anything else on my computer except Magicjack, which requires JAVA, and Internet Explorer, which will not connect to any web pages (??)..let me know if you can help, thanks!

More info:
    My OS is Vista 64-bit,
    I was attempting to install JRE. I rebooted my pc after uninstalling the older versions of JAVA, and again after the 1st unsuccessful attempt...When I downloaded the offline JRE from the JRE website, I chose to save the file to my desktop and opened it from there.

I clicked on the link that took me to the version for Vista, though it did not specify 32-bit or 64-bit...it did specify a different version for 32-bit or 64-bit browser though. I chose the 32-bit browser, then later tried the 64-bit link, both gave the same result. I also closed all open web browsers and apps, before attempting to install JRE.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am sorry it didn't help you any further

Are you behind a proxyserver or are you directly connected to the internet provider modem? Because that is where they are referring to as a possible problem.

Because if you have already did all the steps above, I don't know any solution for you. Also didn't find any on the internet, other then you already tried.

So it is a very strange problem you have...
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by RoelSchipper
    I am sorry it didn't help you any further

Are you behind a proxyserver or are you directly connected to the internet provider modem? Because that is where they are referring to as a possible problem.

Because if you have already did all the steps above, I don't know any solution for you. Also didn't find any on the internet, other then you already tried.

So it is a very strange problem you have...
    I have a direct connect modem, and it really is a very strange problem! Stranger still is that my Internet Explorer will not connect to any web pages, but Firefox will go anywhere I want it to!!
  7. No Profile Picture

I have a direct modem connection as well, but for some reason I had proxy checked in Control Panel>Internet Options<Connections<LAN Settings and for some reason I had the box checked, doesn't hurt to at least check!
  9. No Profile Picture

When I was going thru my setting with Magicjack tech support, we checked the LAN settings and proxy was not checked...I just checked again and it is still not checked. I think I may have had a successful install of JAVA, but I have yet to test that...will likely be testing on Monday when I get back online with tech support to try to figure out why the Magicjack stopped connecting. I am not able to get IE or Chrome to connect to web pages either...have to do all my surfing on Firefox :| Its not bad, but I sometimes have a need for different browsers open at the same time, so having a 2nd browser was super convenient for me...now, not so much!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo