I had problems installing Java from the console, but I downloaded an earlier version and managed to get it up and running. Now I'm trying to install the Web Services Developers Pack (from the console again) and I'm getting the same error. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

(18-Jun-03 18:25:26), Install.product.install, com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file /root/jwsdp-1.2/log.txt for details.
(18-Jun-03 18:25:26), Install.product.install, com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction, err, java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
STACK_TRACE: 14
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
at com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SelectJVMPanel.<init>(SelectJVMPanel.java:84)
at com.sun.jwsdp.installer.SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction.install(SaveEnvironmentVariablesAction.java:1 77)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaPr oductServiceImpl.java:1916)
at com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(LinuxProductServiceImpl.j ava:552)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProd uctAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5149)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectV isitor.java:369)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Instal lableObjectVisitor.java:333)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObje ctVisitor.java:133)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJava ProductServiceImpl.java:4532)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProdu ctServiceImpl.java:3727)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

(18-Jun-03 18:25:27), Install.product.install, com.ibm.wizard.platform.linux.LinuxProductServiceImpl, wrn, Parent Component with UID = a8182b517735a528d4f8baa8438a8985 of installed Component with displayName = JAXP Version 1.2.3 (Java API for XML Processing) was not found in the VPD.