1. No Profile Picture
    Linux World Forum Admin
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy J# is it better than JAVA ??

hey :
    i dont know what do you think guys but is it real that J# will be much comm than the JAVA .....

plz i need help ....
    i have a graduate project and i want to know if i do it in J# it will be good..............

plz help me to know what is the best programming language

i know : C++ and JAVA
  3. No Profile Picture
    Moderator =(8^(|)
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I know next to nothing about J#, but I do know there's no such thing as the "best" programming language. Some languages have specific strengths and weaknesses, though.

Do some research into J# before you make your decision. You may find that it only runs on certain platforms or requires special software to compile.

If you're wanting to learn a new language, go for J#, but since this sounds like an important project, I'd say stick with what you know and focus on the functionality rather than the technology. Java isn't going anywhere, and it's quite powerful.
    -james
  5. dont click here

J# = Microsofts Version of Java,

Here is my recommendation if you want Java use Java not J#, if you want to go the MS way C#, C++ is what to look for.

I know someone who works for MS and he even said MS created J# to try to get Java programs to go with MS but its useless not as powerfull as Java itself.

i have never done much research on it, but this is what ive heard from other.
  7. kill 9, $$;
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Yeah, I've heard similar comments made (though from a serial MS-sceptic rather than inside information). Stick with the tried and trusted, rather than falling for a MS marketing ploy.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ms wants to rule the world and make a maximum dollars of that. nothing else. so why support them.
    jens
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Simple answer to a simple question, do you want reliability, enterpirse level programming ability on any platform known to man without constant server issues, virus attacks and unending problems.....? Avoid the wantabe MS, Use Java
    DC Dalton
    DCD Designs
    SCJP
  13. No Profile Picture

J# only works with MS .NET framework - the MS version of J2EE - and is supposed to emulate Java. I don't know Java that well so I don't know which is better. I would recommend C# if you're going down the .NET path (or C++ if you want to do your own garbage collection etc). But the C family of languages is so similar to Java it shouldn't be that difficult to swap between them.
    Of course, if you have a philosophical objection to anything MS, stay with Sun.
  15. kill 9, $$;
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally posted by Merrid
    Of course, if you have a philosophical objection to anything MS, stay with Sun.
    I think it's more moral than philosophical!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Linux World Forum Admin

so why did microsoft give us J# ??

and does JBuilder the same as J# ???

http://www.itwdc.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you can always help us with your linux , programming and web design information at
    http://www.itwdc.com/xmb/
    So we are glad to see you there
    im out for a month
  19. No Profile Picture
    Clueless llama
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

J# is an "extension" of Java made by Microsoft. It is generally assumed that MS made this to try and turn the Java language into a proprietary MS language, with the hope that so many developers would use this over the "real" Java that MS would have a leg up.

As far as I know JBuilder does not support J#. As far as I know only MS tools support J#. Unless you are planning on moving away from Java proper and only want to work for windows I would stay clear of J#.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo