1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Java/Eclipse not running error

I have had a problem getting Java to work properly on the computer so i uninstalled it and then cleared out the registry with Ccleaner after the update that screwed up Java. I then installed the JRE using a JDK which now installed properly. Now when I try to use eclipse I click run for a class and all of them return the same error.

"Error: Could not find or load main class WorldViewer"

I am not sure if this is because of reinstalling java or something is wrong with eclipse I know a decent amount about Java and I am quite sure I am not missing a main method and all of the brackets are correct. These programs ran before and dont now.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Can you show the command and the full text of the error message you got when you tried to execute it?

If the OS did not find the java command, the error message would say something about not finding the command.
    If the java command can not find a class file, the error message would be similar to what you got.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I clicked the little green arrow that runs eclipse on any class and get the same error message, I have now tried deleting eclipse and then unzipping it again and still get the same error message, I have also created a new workspace and put my old programs in there and that also did not help.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Sorry, I don't know how to use your IDE

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo