1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Java and Flickr - Help with Inheritance between Main Class and sub-class

Dear all,

I have been doing a small program which can help user search general photos by keywords and can retrieve most recent general uploads from Flickr.

I created 4 classes:

testUserInterface => to build all components for interface.

Link to view my code of testUserInterface

testSearch => inherits interface from testUserInterface and build event action when user clicks on button start and button exit.

Link to view my code of testSearch

PhotoFinder => get connection to Flickr.

Link to view my code of PhotoFinder

PhotoPanel => displays photos on this panel.

Link to view my code of PhotoPanel

When I select sub-menu "Search Photos" from class testUserInterface, a search panel is displayed with textfield and 2 buttons, start and exit.

However, a problem occurs when I clicks start button (after entering a specific keyword).
    all photos which relates to the keyword is not shown.
    and I got problem with sub-menu instead in line 180.

The errors are shown below:

PHP Code:
    Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ClassCastExceptionjavax.swing.JButton cannot be cast to javax.swing.JMenuItem at testUserInterface.actionPerformed(testUserInterfac e.java:180at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Abs tractButton.java:2018at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed (AbstractButton.java:2341at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (DefaultButtonModel.java:402at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultB uttonModel.java:259at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseRe leased(BasicButtonListener.java:252at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.jav a:6505at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponen t.java:3321at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:627 0at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:222 9at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.jav a:4861at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2287at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:46 87at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEventContainer.java:4832at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(C ontainer.java:4492at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Conta iner.java:4422at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.jav a:2273at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719 at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:46 87at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.j ava:723at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:682at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:680at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Methodat java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:696at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:694at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Methodat java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPri vilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java693at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(EventDispatchThread.java:244at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(E ventDispatchThread.java:163at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(EventDispatchThread.java:151at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:147at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispa tchThread.java:139at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThre ad.java:97
    Please help me out with the problem, it drives me crazy (TT)
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Also posted at http://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/whats-wrong-my-code/20461-java-flickr-help-inheritance-between-main-class-sub-class.html#post86310
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Could Admin remove this topic please as my topic is crossing post with other 4rums as well.

thanks a lot

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo