1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Java install / uninstall error

I am running windows 7 32 bit and because of java - related errors I uninstalled it but it didn't uninstall properly.

I used windows Install clean up to remove it and i can't find anything left in the registry.

when i run the install it says "This software has already been installed on your computer. Would you like to reinstall it?" I click OK and the next error is from windows installer "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

please help
  3. No Profile Picture

Java Setup Error

I've also ran into this issue. Started with minecraft not recognizing the correct java installation and figured a fresh download would help. If I come across a fix, I'll post that is if no one else is able to help.
  5. No Profile Picture

Smile Java Setup Error

Originally Posted by blank_blank
    I am running windows 7 32 bit and because of java - related errors I uninstalled it but it didn't uninstall properly.

I used windows Install clean up to remove it and i can't find anything left in the registry.

when i run the install it says "This software has already been installed on your computer. Would you like to reinstall it?" I click OK and the next error is from windows installer "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

please help
    Either I got lucky or google is a GOD...lol Seeing how I'm unable to post URLs, I'll try to explain the fix that worked for me. Google Java Setup Problem - What the Tech and click the top result. It should be dated Jun 25, 2009. Scroll down a little and under the Updated Jan. 22, 2011 post click on JavaMSIFix. On the next page under the only post you should see the download link. Run it and you should be able to install the Windows Offline Java. Hope everything works out for you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo