1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Java.lang.NullPointerException when deploying EJB on Weblogic 8.1

I get the follwing error when I am trying to deploy statless session EJB on Weblogic 8.1 as part of enterprise application:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBModule.setupEJBToImplClassDependencies(EJBModule.java:1034)
    at weblogic.ejb20.deployer.EJBModule.prepare(EJBModule.java:481)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepareModule(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:3101)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepareModules(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1560)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1208)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:1051)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.prepareContainer(SlaveDeployer. java:2444)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.createContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2394)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(SlaveDeployer.java:2310)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDeployer.java:594)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDeployer.java:508)
    at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHandler.java:25)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
    --------------- nested within: ------------------
    weblogic.management.ManagementException: - with nested exception:
    [java.lang.NullPointerException]
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(S
    laveDeployer.java:2327)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Sla
    veDeployer.java:866)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDepl
    oyer.java:594)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDep
    loyer.java:508)
    at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHan
    dler.java:25)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:219)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
    >

and I have found this hardly clear warning in my server's log:
    <2006.19.2 22:33:12 EET> <Warning> <DRS> <BEA-002506> <The current version 37 fo
    r DataIdentifier DataIdentifierID: 1 does not match with incoming version 41 for
    a one-phase update.>

so - where should I seek the error (my class files are OK and messages indicate that deployment descriptors are parsed without any exception)? Does weblogic EJB container experiences some problem during instantiating a bean - so there my be some minor problems in implementation class constructor or etc.?

I can run weblogic sample application - Medrec - normally and there is lot of EJBs.

Thanks for any idea in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

see if you have a weblogic.jar file in path that is of a lower version that that of 8.1....it seems like a wring version jar file in path...
  5. Meow Black Belt
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by KhalidAli
    see if you have a weblogic.jar file in path that is of a lower version that that of 8.1....it seems like a wring version jar file in path...
    Hmmm... I doubt if the app server actually uses the PATH anywhere.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

actually I coded all the EJB in notepad - now I tried to acces it in Weblogic Builder 8.1 - the result is:

validating module ServiceUserSessionEJB.jar
    Compiling input jar C:\bea\weblogic81\samples\server\EnterpriseSolution\src\EnterpriseEAR\ServiceUserSessionEJB.jar
    Processing input descriptor
    Checking J2EE compliance of beans
    Beans are J2EE compliant
    Generated bean sources for ServiceUserSession
    Compiling EJB sources
    Finished compiling EJB sources
    Created checksum in file _WL_GENERATED
    Finding classes that need RMI compilation for bean ServiceUserSession
    Compiling RMI sources
    ejbc successful

- as I can see - EJB is perfect, and server seems to be OK (medrec application is running normally) - however - the NullPointerException during deploy remains (((
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

And I just wish that u had read my first post and looked up on ur system if there is an older version of weblogic.jar in the path somewhere.....
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

OK, KhalidAli - I will look for this (but I am playing with weblogic 8.1 all the time - so - it is rather impossible that it will be so)...

Now - I had a bit phun with weblogic workshop - great tool but it would be nice to know how to export the content of *.ejb (workshop EJB project source file) into oridinary EJB directory structure (e.g. with separate deployment descriptors and not with annotations inside *.ejb) and with normal separate source files (*.java) for home, remote interfaces and implementation class and so on - as it is required by spec and as it can be used by other EJB containers... or BEA doesn't allow this... (convert *.ejb to normal EJB module directory)??
    Last edited by egidy; February 21st, 2006 at 04:15 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo