1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

jsessionid suddenly appearing in the HTML links

Hi all,

Apache : 1.3.x
    Tomcat : 3.x

I am having a problem in that suddently, for some reason( no changes have been made to eith my apache or tomcat configuarion for the past 9 months ) , Tomcat's session id ( jsessionid ) is getting included in the HTML URLs that are generated from the JSP code I am using. For example :

http://www.domain.com/ghb/estabtype?...jfhgjg?type=MX

The jessionid code suddenly started appearing in the generated HTML URL links about 1 week ago ( again, I stress absolutely nothing has changed in tomcat's configuration ) and as such, has been causing 404 errors when you click on the link.

The qustion id, why is the jsessionid suddenly appearing in the HTML links? and how do I configure tomcat ( or whatever ) to stop doing this?

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture

p.s. I have checked this on multiple versions of browsers with cookies turned on, and on multiple patforms.. The results are the same
  5. No Profile Picture

I believe the problem, is because you are using a GET based form. When I played with the Tomcat Sessions example servlet, I got the session id added to the address when I used the GET based form. Using a POST based form, you should see nothing added to the address.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo