March 6th, 2003, 04:49 PM
JSP and classes
I cant seem to get any of my Java classes to work in a jsp file!
Using windows XP and Tomcat 4.1.19:
* Install Java 2 SDK 1.4.1(02)
* Install Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.19
* Environment Setting - CATALINA_HOME to Tomcat directory
* Environment Setting - JAVA_HOME to JavaSDK directory
* Environment Setting - Path insert %JAVA_HOME%\bin
* In conf/server.xml change port 8080 to 8888
* Start Tomcat, through Start menu shortcut icon
This works fine...
Now I create a new index.jsp in the ROOT directory.
I also create a class in ROOT/WEB-INF/classes directory.
But the JSP doesnt reconise the class, no matter where I put it.
What am I doing wrong?
I know how to program Java, and I tried putting the class nearly everywhere but the JSP cant compile because it doesnt think the class exist. Please help - very fustrating!!!
March 7th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Does anyone know... kinda fustrating when its suppose to be a simple installation...
March 7th, 2003, 05:12 PM
Solved the problem! I revented back to Tomcat 3.2.4...
now that is one easy installation, everything worked fine as it is. I tried reinstalling Tomcat 4.1 to see if it was a one off but I still couldnt get it to work - why is it so difficult for 4? Is it something thats been disabled?
Anyway, if anyone have this problem use Tomcat 3 instead