1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy JSP Session Problem

I m using Oracle 9i HTTP Server. There is one HTML page ( login.html ) that accepts user name and password . The request is sent to a jsp page ( query.jsp) which validates it and if successful validation is done username and jdbc connection string is put as a session value. The user can then make certain queries on the database. If the query is successful, results are displayed. If query is invalid or no results then request is forwarded to this query.jsp page. ( using <jsp:forward page="query.jsp" />

This works well however, I am facing certain problems. Example :
    ON the same machine if:
    User opens IE window 1 and logs in and queries
    User opens IE window 2 and logs in and queries
    User opens Netscape window 1 and logs in and queries
    User opens Netscape Window 2 and logs in and queries

Now if IE user1 query returns no results then he is redirected to query.jsp to enter naother query. But this time his username gets replaced by user name of IE window 2 but this does not affect netscape window

Now if NS user1 query returns no results then he is redirected to query.jsp to enter naother query. But this time his username gets replaced by user name of NS window 2 but this does not affect IE window.
    Can anybody help me???
    Last edited by punkuz; March 16th, 2003 at 07:29 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Clueless llama
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

How are you opening the new windows? I believe if you open a window from and existing IE window using crtl-n or from a link or File->new->Window, this new window will share the session with the previous, opening window.

If this is what you are doing, try opening the new browsers by double clicking on the icon on the desktop( start menu, wheatever) and see if this changes things.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I m opening a new window by double clicking. Then also this problem persists.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Clueless llama
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hmm, can you post the jsp in full here?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo