October 31st, 2012, 08:25 AM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Time spent in forums: 37 m 59 sec
Reputation Power: 0
I am Balasubramanian.N. I am doing my final year,B.Tech I.T. As my final year project, I thought of designing a Load balancing software in Java.
Can someone please provide some references to papers or sites that help me develop the Load-Balancing software?
Below is a small explanation of what I had thought of how the software should work:
1) There will be a master node where the software will be running.
2) All the requests(for service-from clients) will be coming to this master node.
3) The master node has a set of slaves.(computing nodes) connected by a LAN.
4) When a request comes, the master decides the best node based on the CPU utilization(only CPU utilization-nothing else), designates the task to that slave and provides the code( the code will be migrated to the slave node along with the inputs) which will be executed on the slave node.
5) After computation, the slave node returns the result back to the master, which then sends back the result to the client.
I hope I have provided enough information. If not, please ask me.
Last edited by Bala.N : October 31st, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
Reason: Added info