1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Page breaking in RTF, or properly printing a document from JAVA

I have been looking for some JAVA code or solution that will take a document (for example RTF since JAVA can handle that) that is multiple pages long and print it PROPERLY with page breaks. We have some java code extending JEditorPane and implementing Printable that is working for 1 page... but the logic it would take for page breaking would be horrendous. We want to be able to send print jobs to the printer and have them come out looking nice. Problem with the RTF is no images (so no company logos or anything unless they use pre-headered paper). I have looked at 3rd party software and they are all missing something... How about sending HTML to PDF or ANYTHING! Pdflib has its limitations, activePDF has its limitations... Everything has its limitations. Frustrating
    So, has anyone seen or written or found code in JAVA that can handle any of the above? It would be awesome if I could just hand a URL to a java program and just tell it to convert it to PDF and print (page breaking properly between tables and table cells/rows) or send it even an RTF or some file that can handle images and print that properlyl....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.. We have like 4 programs that all do some of it, and none that can do all of it
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Wolfespawn,

Did you ever get this working?
    If so I would love to hear how.
    I am a beginner coder and have no idea haw to just print the screen let alone a document, although that is the next step.

Thanks,

M.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo