1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Page Not found error when calling a servlet...

Hi!

I am using a servlet which runs on tomcat for my online transactions. The servlet's function is to just create an object of the class file given by the service provider which validates the credit card and then returns the out put to my php page which then i futher manipulate.

The servlet works fine most of the times. But many times we found that when the servlet is called by the final payment page which supplies it with credit card details - the browser instantly gives a Page not found error. I dont understand why does this occur.

I tried to even Get and Post to values to the servlet by with no satisfactory result.

I am not much into this java and servlets stuff and am new to this. Can anyone pls suggest me what should i do to make the servlet come up every time its called.

Is it that the servlet expires after a period of time as the validation of the credit card might take around 40 to 50 secs?

How do i solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Hiten
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ur problem seems peculiar...there no way that a servlet runs sometime and shows error the other time...may be u wud shut-down the server...or the network connection might have been disconnected...
    there is no such thing called expiry time for servlet...

--aabha

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo