Page 24 of 24 First ... 14222324
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by NormR
    sorry, I don't know how wifi works.
    I have a Netbook and tablet that connect to the internet with wifi and I am able to communicate with them from my other computers using sockets.
    One of the IP addresses is something like: 192.168.56.1
    Ok how to use sockets?
  2. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

well, if I want to make my program to be able to access the server by using wifi, how to do that? Can sockets help?
  4. Contributing User

Can sockets help?
    They could. My Netbook and tablet both are connected to the internet via wifi and both are able to use IP addresses to connect to servers.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

What code should I use to see the IPs that are connected to the internet so I can choose the IP that I want to connect to? Can we create multiple connection (request or accept multiple connection)? Can I ask the user to click a button or do some things first before I connect him/her to the other computers?
    Last edited by Tawijakarta; July 23rd, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
  6. Contributing User

You should start a new thread on the forum for this new topic.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Well, I want to add these capabilities to my code so I ask you in this topic. Please reply ok?
  8. Contributing User

I want to add these capabilities to my code
    Don't try to learn new techniques like working with sockets by adding code to the current program. That will make a huge mess.
    You need to first learn the classes and methods needed to support client/server code by writing some small simple programs that will make debugging easier. When you have working versions of code, THEN work on merging the techniques into your larger program.
    This new problem should be moved to its own thread.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Don't try to learn new techniques like working with sockets by adding code to the current program. That will make a huge mess.
    You need to first learn the classes and methods needed to support client/server code by writing some small simple programs that will make debugging easier. When you have working versions of code, THEN work on merging the techniques into your larger program.
    This new problem should be moved to its own thread.
    Well, you want me to divide the code into small code, that is the thing that is done by me. I work on the login, user input, and calculations first and the last because I cannot contact my lecture to discuss about the thing I must put in my database, I am now trying to finish the client-server part, so please help me. Please answer those questions, ok?
  10. Contributing User

Please answer those questions
    What questions?

If you are now working on a client/server program, you need to start a new thread on the forum.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

What questions?

If you are now working on a client/server program, you need to start a new thread on the forum.
    This is part of my program. The idea is the program that is developed by me will be the server or being used by a healer to update the database. If necessary, I will create a program in Visual basic as the program in the server and it will communicate with a client program that is created in Java. That is the reason that make me ask about the ability of Java program to communicate with Visual basic because I do not want the user to see the source code. So please help me. These are the questions:

What code should I use to see the IPs that are connected to the internet so I can choose the IP that I want to connect to? Can we create multiple connection (request or accept multiple connection)? Can I ask the user to click a button or do some things first before I connect him/her to the other computers?
  12. Contributing User

What code should I use to see the IPs that are connected to the internet so I can choose the IP that I want to connect to?
    What program is doing that? Is it for testing? There are millions of IP addresses. The normal way to connect to a site is with a URL like this:
    http://thesite.com/somepath/somepage.html

Can we create multiple connection (request or accept multiple connection)?
    A server can have many clients connected to it.

Can I ask the user to click a button or do some things first before I connect him/her to the other computers?
    Of course. A program can do many things before it connects to other computers.

Start a new thread for these questions.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

What program is doing that? Is it for testing? There are millions of IP addresses. The normal way to connect to a site is with a URL like this:
    http://thesite.com/somepath/somepage.html

A server can have many clients connected to it.

Of course. A program can do many things before it connects to other computers.

The healer should be able to choose to connect to the server and I want to provide two ways: First, the healer can type the address and the second is the healer can choose it from a list, how to do this?

How to accept and request plenty of connection from and to the server? I mean what code to use to ask and accept connection from and to other computers?

What code to use if I want the user to click a button first before they can connect to other computers?

This is part of my program. Beside, no folks answer my new thread or this forum does not notify me at the time I get new answer.
    Last edited by Tawijakarta; July 24th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
  14. Contributing User

Page 24 of 24 First ... 14222324
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo