1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pls advice me am i doing right by proceeding with core java?

hi,
    its like this i did c++ at my school level for almost 2 years....its been 6 years since i have done any programming.....due to college studies......now i want to move to android development......for that i need to learn core java(j2se).....its been one month i have been doing j2se.....covered oops,classes,objects,inheritance,excepti... handling,generics,multitasking.....but after inheritance ,multithreading ,exception handling generics were very tough for me....multithreading was real tough...as i have never done these in c++.....and i am still left with many topics like string,i/o,file handling,collections,and other libraries.....and i want to search the job within next 3 months....dont want to sit idle.....so my doubt is whether i wud be able to cover all topics (remaining) as my previous topic like multithreading is still not clear(seemed really tough to me).....or shall i switch to something else like PHP/PYTHON/JAVASCRIPT and all....as i have heard php/python/java script are easy and coding is not much difficult as compared to c++/java/c#.......java seems to be much time consuming.....shall i continue with java(android) or switch over to something else.......as i need to join some job within next 2-3 months..............pls give me advice............
    Additional Details
    i know that any language cannot be learnt in 2-3 months.......................but i just want to complete as soon as possible......java topics like multithreading seeming to be too tough.....smeone toldd me python/ruby/javascript not that bulky as compared to java.....so pls tell me wat can be done at the earliest or shud i continue with core java????????????
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Doesn't that depend on the type of job you want?

Maybe you don't realize this, but a lot of concepts in 1 programming language, once you have it mastered, it's a piece of cake to learn the same thing in another language. Just different syntax.

So if a concept in Java is hard, then that concept itself is hard in another programming language, like C++.

So in this case, Java isn't the problem.

Also, you keep listing rival languages like PHP and JavaScript which makes me think you want to go the route of web page design, so I presume you're trying to learn java applets. So if you're trying to go web page design you're better off mastering HTML and CSS.

By the way, judging solely on your grammar, I wouldn't hire you.
  5. No Profile Picture

i am trying to say that if i want to get a job as soon as possible........in this case am i doing right thing to proceed with java because after watever i hav learnt in java,it seems it will take time..i am basically doing java for android.....but my frnds adviced me prior to learning java that its better u opt php/python/ruby(along with htms ,css for web development) which will not consume much time as java gonna take much longer time.....so am thinking shall i continue doing java.....or go with languages like python??????
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You know what, believe it or not, you failed my intelligence test.

Remember what I said here:

By the way, judging solely on your grammar, I wouldn't hire you.
    That also means in an indirect way on giving you advice.

but my frnds adviced me prior to learning java
    And also, you stated a contradiction. You start out by saying Java is too much time to learn, and to go easier languages like HTML and CSS prior to Java, which is easier to learn, but if you wanted to learn that "prior to learning Java" then it actually takes it longer to learn the whole thing.
  9. No Profile Picture

pls advice me am i doing right with proceeding with core java

@ lostshadow i have nothing to do with ur intelligence test ....keep it with urself.....didnt u get my point...ok then according to u i assume that java /phython/ruby is equal in toughness whether is it verbose or object orientism,java/python/ruby are same ....is it?(if according to what u said that the concepts are same.)....and lemme tell u wateva i hav learnt in last one month after 6 years.....i am surely gonna impress u in java in features like oops inheritance and all.......so u are nt the one pointing out whether u will hire me or not......

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo