1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement

I am trying to troubleshoot an application that was written a few years ago and is no longer supported. It is a java application (I am new to java) and when it is run I get the following error.
    S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement(NSERT INTO

I only have the files in the directory where the program is launched:
    diw.jar, diw.jnlp(launches application), diw_signed.jar, hsqldb.jar, idw-gpl.jar, sqljdbc.jar, swing-layout-1.0.jar, absolutelayout.jar, index.html, netbeanslibs.jnlp, netbeanslibsnew.jnlp
    and
    the resultant database files in the user's directory that are created when the application is run:
    diw.properties, diwdb.data, diwdb.log, diwdb.properties, diwdb.script, hsqlprefs.dat

Through much searching on the internet I came across information that said cache_file_scale needed to be changed from its current setting of 1. But I do not know where to find this setting to change it or how to change it. Is there a default database that I need to connect to? Where would I find it and how do you connect? Am I at a loss because I do not have the initial development environment?
    Can anyone help.
  3. Daniel Schildsky
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Hsqldb

You may try to add some codes that execute DDL statements similar to the codes below into your program before any other SQL statements that caused this error is executed:

sql Code:
     Stmt.EXECUTE( "SET PROPERTY \"hsqldb.cache_file_scale\" 8" ); Stmt.EXECUTE( "CHECKPOINT" );

I found this from some online resource. Try it out and see if it works.
    When the programming world turns decent, the real world will turn upside down.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

S1000 Data file size limit is reached in statement

tvc3mye,

Thanks for the information.
    I found the sql to create the the table in the sql jar file. could I insert the statement there? I tried to change the information in one of the jar files before and then put it back in the directory but got an error that it wasn't registered. Would I need to bring all of the files in the directory where the launch files are located into netbeans and then perform some sort of recompile?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo