1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Setting flags Tutorial needed.

Hi,

Can you explain to me how to say..

set a flag to suspend a method/thread (we'll call it 'transfer')
    from another method/thread? I looked at the java sun page, don't understand, and some other sites, just don't understand how to implement because i just can't understand.

Explain as though you would to a 15 year old boy, though I am much older.PLEASE.

any import statements, all the needed information I need to know for success.

Thanks a million.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

I don't understand your question? Are you trying to interrupt a thread? What is the purpose? What code do you have? What have you tried?
  5. Feelin' Groovy
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Explain as though you would to a 15 year old boy, though I am much older.PLEASE.
    If you have no idea how to even approach some task, the very first step is to ensure you fully understand the problem. Review the detailed requirements and make sure it all makes sense. If once you fully understand the problem you still have no idea how to begin, then the problem is too challenging for you and you will need to devote the necessary time and effort with less difficult problems until you gain the knowledge and confidence required to resolve the problem.

This forum is excellent at providing specific help on specific problems as well as more general esoteric design discussion. What it isn't good for is step-by-step tutorials and personalized pedagogy. There are other, more effective mechanisms for such needs.

~
    Yawmark
    class Sig{public static void main(String...args){\u0066or(int
    \u0020$:"v\"ʲ\"vΤ\"".to\u0043h\u0061rArray()
    )System./*goto/*$/%\u0126//^\u002A\u002Fout.print((char)(($>>
    +(~'"'&'#'))+('<'>>('\\'/'.')/\u002Array.const(~1)\*\u002F)));}}

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo