1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Simple addition to variables

Hi All,

I have compiled a Java strategy used to automatically execute spot currency transactions and am in the process of enhancing it's back testing ability.

While the Java Strategy is fully functioning with any one defined instrument, in this case EURJPY, I am looking to add mulitple instruments to be tested simultaneously (ie: EURUSD, USDJPY etc).
    Code:
    @Configurable("Instrument")
    public Instrument instrument = Instrument.EURJPY;
    My attempts to add instruments have so far been unsuccessful and I believe this to be a simple fix by someone with greater Java understanding than myself. Any help would be truly appreciated.

The current functioning code is as shown below. This will automatically execute a trade based on criteria within a certain time range in real time and is used to generate historical performance while back testing. Currently it can test these parameters for one instrument at a time. Optimally, the strategy would make use of up to 20 instruments.

Thanks v much,

J. Farrell
  3. Daniel Schildsky
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Proprietary API

It seems like a proprietary API you are using. So, I think you could elaborate further on your problems and ultimately what you want to achieve in the API's provider's own forum.
    When the programming world turns decent, the real world will turn upside down.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo