Thread: Tomcat Problem

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Tomcat Problem

Hi,

I know it's rather stupid asking this question but I am really frustrated bout this problem that I am facing. I do hope anyone could lean me a hand in solving this problem for me.

I am using Tomcat 3.2 under Win98 system. The problem that I am facing now is whenever I click on the startup for my Tomcat it will initially load a new dosprompt window and start to load all the classpath for the Tomcat but after completing all the task it will pop up another window whereby the actually Tomcat will be initiated. This eventually caused me not being able to set the initial screen size for the Tomcat since it's being loaded on a NEW window.

Could anyone tell me how to set/load everything on a single window? So that I could set the initial screen size.

Thanks.

Regards,

RandyTomcat 3.2 fsd fd
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

here is an Idea!

You might think that the second window is the Tomcat.bat, well is not, the second window is the launcher for Java applications (java.exe) from the javahome/bin directory.
    So if you don't wanna see those windows set "close on exit" for the startup.bat and try changing "java" with "javaw" in the tomcat.bat in the lines that look like the next:
    set _STARTJAVA=start "Tomcat 3.2" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"
    or
    set _RUNJAVA="%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java"
    be sure to make copies of the files you're about to modify.
    Peter.
    BTW you could always upgrade to win2000 where Tomcat runs like a service (no windows)
    Peter.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo