1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question using servlets for creating images

hello,

I am new to jsp and servlets.....and i want to make graphs using the data available from the server side.......i don't know how to start????..please provide me guidelines or suggestions...how to start with the same?????.....thanx in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Possible Solution

I'm thinking here, bear with:

You might try an HTML web page that posts to a JSP backend that records data coordinates to a MySQL database. The fancy way of making a graph: allow a Flash .swf file access to the MySQL database, parse the coordinates, and make a graph. You can also make it more complex if needed. If you want, I can research this further and develop this for you if you want; I'll do this for $150. If not, I can continue to give you advice as you need it for free. Thanks for your time.

Devin Hendricks
    sitesuwant@sitesuwant.com
    www.sitesuwant.com
  5. No Profile Picture

How about using SVG? Here's more info:
    SVG
  7. Modding: Oracle MsSQL Firebird
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

9. No Profile Picture
    Java Developer

Have you tried creating an AWT of Swing image then using a GIFEncoder(there are a couple of freeware ones available) to write it directly to the output stream (being sure to set the content type to "image/gif" ?

I did this a while ago, and it didn't seem too tricky
  11. No Profile Picture

Another way is to launch an external process that generates image files, write the dataset & other information into its standard input, then pick up the stream of bytes at its standard output and output them with content type "image/gif" or "image/png".
    Read up on java.lang.Process and java.lang.Runtime on how to use system processes.
    There are a number of image-rendering packages available, e.g. Gnuplot, Ploticus.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo