1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Client side script to save form data into a flat text file

I hope someone can help me out here. I'm trying to learn Java Script and I'm not sure how to go about doing this or if it acn even be done with java script.

I want to create a client side script that will time stamp and save data from a form, with one multiline field and a hidden field, into a simple flat text database without leaving the page when the submit button is pushed. I also want to retain the text in the multiline field after timestamping it and saving it untill I need to change the text.

3. SwollenMember

i am not 100% sure (maybe like 99%), but i do not think that javascript can write to the filesystem. you might want to use perl.
  5. No Profile Picture

u cant write files in the client side in the client side...if u want to store information abt the client in the client side u can use cookies...
  7. No Profile Picture

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my original post. I wanted to write the info from the form into a flat text database file located on the server.

Once the info is saved, I need to have the last line saved to the database to be displayed in the webpage.

I really appreciate the help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo