March 24th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Interesting Tomcat/Apache problem
I'm running Apache/Tomcat on XP. I am having trouble serving a certain page when I becomes too large. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why.
It occurs on a JSP page. the page works fantastic when I remove a few random bytes from the HTML code, but when I put them back in, strange, random results occur. To see it, do the following:
1. go to www.subsgalore.com
2. click on online ordering (middle of page)
3. click on Order now (link at the bottom)
4. Keep refreshing this page, and notice the random results.
Is this some sort of timeout? When serving the page from localhost, the error does not occur, only when it is served from the internet.
Could it be my ISP? Any suggestions?
March 24th, 2003, 10:16 AM
I am not sure I am seeing the problem. I am getting to an "hours of operation" page. What exactly is it doing?
The only thing I can see offhand is that the "If you want to order right away, click here" link has a ? at the end of the session id, but it still seems to be working ok for me.
Last edited by Nemi; March 24th, 2003 at 10:19 AM.
March 24th, 2003, 09:06 PM
Looks fine to me, too. Tried it in Phoenix and IE 5.5.
March 24th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Sorry, I forgot to mention two things.
1. The problem is only occuring on the actual ordering page. Unfortunately, this page is only available during the business hours posted (p.s.t)
2. I have temporarily added the "order now" link to access port 8080. The problem does not exist when accessing the application from tomcat, only from apache (default port 80). try this link to see the problem:
I appologize for failing to mention these two key elements.
At this point Im wondering if I should just forget about running the whole thing through apache, and just keeping it set up how it is currently (hardcoded 8080 port for the jsp portion of the website).
Thank you for any additional insight!