Unable to open my jar file within the JSP

Hi All,

Windows 2000 Professional
    JSDK 1.4.1_02
    Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.24
    JConnector 3.0.7
    JMail
    MySql 4.0.12

I have a jar file (package test.pack.myjar.jar). I have a error log also for my application. The properties of the application is taken from a properties file and set. All these functions are included in the jar. I my db connection open jsp file I import the package. It worked well very well until this evening. But now it's throwing the belowing exception. I have all the jar files in "common\lib" in the catalina_home and also in my classpath env. variable. For test I created a test file without any jsp tags and accessed it from the same application folder, it worked. In my index page I open the connection and initialize the session & application values depending upon my database values. I refered some forums and couldn't reach at a solution.
    Please help me with your valuable sugg.

Error:
    type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.j ava:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.jav a:392)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:536)
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:168)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:137)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:210)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2415)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:594)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.jav a:392)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Clueless llama
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I am unclear on some things. You said that it worked up until yesterday evening? What did you change between yesterday and the day before? Also, you will need to post the code you have and a more complete directory listing. From what I understand it is not recommended that you put jar files to be used in an application in the servers comon lib directory and instead to put them in each apps WEB-INF/lib directory instead.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo