1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Problems running two versions of same app on Tomcat

I've got two versions of the same JSP/servlet application on my machine. I'm using Tomcat 4.1 and trying to have one version be a production version and the other be a development version. Both are accessing separate, distinctly named MySQL databases.

My problem is that when one version is working, the other hangs the first time it tries to get any data from the database.

Currently, the versions of the application differ only in the Strings used to propogate the application's name and path origin through the application, and the name of the database to connect to. Each version compiles to distinct directory structures under Tomcat 4.1\webapps. I'm pooling database connections in the code, but I've taken precautions against the applications trying to check out each other's connections by parameterizing the connection pool with the name of the application.

Is there something fundamental about Tomcat that I'm missing? Could it be a JDBC problem?
    -Dave Terret
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I could be wrong but it sounds like the second app is trying to access the same database as the first one.

Are you using simple JDBC connections or are you using Connection Pools and datasources?

Never Mind I just re-read your post...

Maybe check your connection pool config to make sure it isn't sharing the connections between apps. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Sm00ve; July 9th, 2003 at 09:06 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo