Thread: Image resizing

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Image resizing

Hello,

I have an image size: w:60 h:80 and I have it positioned at 200 x 200. I have to move the image from its current position to a possible 50 other positions depending on the circumstance. when it gets to the end position the size of the image needs to be w:30 h:40. the kicker is that of the 50 or so different positions, they will rand on how far or near they are from the original spot. I need to have the image do a gradual resizing along the move, as well as have the image move in a straight line to whichever position it is suppose to go to.

Does anyone know of a prebuilt class that would deal with this?

I cannot seem to find anything that qualifies, and Im not real sure how to build a class that could do this. I can get the amount of resizing needed and the length of pixels it need to go, but im not really sure how to make it smooth.

Thanks for any help
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

There is not a prebuilt class that is going to do all of that. There are some Java 2D graphic classes that you will need to make use of to resize the image.

Comments on this post

• randor agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by jzd
    There is not a prebuilt class that is going to do all of that. There are some Java 2D graphic classes that you will need to make use of to resize the image.
    Ok, thanks for the help

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo