1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Error Permission denied: connect

In the past week Java suddenly stopped working. I can't load applets, I get an error in the corner of the page, I can't run .jars because of java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect. Is there anyway to fix this? I am running Java 7 and I need it
  3. Daniel Schildsky
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Permission denied

Yes there is a way to fix your problem: call you network administrator to investigate which port is required by the applet you intend to view, then have him/her open the port for you.
    When the programming world turns decent, the real world will turn upside down.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by tvc3mye
    Yes there is a way to fix your problem: call you network administrator to investigate which port is required by the applet you intend to view, then have him/her open the port for you.
    I am the network administrator. And I cant run ANY applets on any webpage. Java 6 only works for some reason.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

In the past week Java suddenly stopped working.
    what has changed?
  9. Daniel Schildsky
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Java Console

Originally Posted by fantity
    I am the network administrator. And I cant run ANY applets on any webpage. Java 6 only works for some reason.
    Check the Java console in the browser when you open a web page with Java Applets. See what errors are logged in the Java console and post them here. You may want to set to the highest logging level if necessary.
    When the programming world turns decent, the real world will turn upside down.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo