1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation

hello,
    please help me immediately for my project. I wonder if it is possible to get 2 values from radiobutton's value property?
    For example, i have GradeKind and GradeKindNo values. i put these in a radio button. and when it is chosen, i want them to go to another servlet. How can i make it?
    is it possible to use value=' "+GradeKind+""+GradeKindNo+" ' and to get them from the other servlet with request.getString(?). What will i write instead of question mark to get both these values? Must i use string concatenating?

Please answer this immediately,

Thanks

Comments on this post

• Gran Roguismo agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It's more efficient to return code in javascript as subroutine and then pass it to java. There are at least two ways to accomplish this:

1a) ... onClick="values(x); values(y)"> where values is a function on the page somewhere that processes values()

1b) onClick="allValues(x,y,z)"> where allValues is a function that accepts and process any number of values; e.g., for(var i = 0; i < args.length; i++) { ... do something }

Or pass it directly to an applet that passes it to a servlet
    2) onClick="document.applets[0].routineName(this.value, anotherValue, value3, ...)">

Or submit the page to the servlet with multiple delimited values which may be parsed. The servlet can then do something and return or continue to another page.

3) onClick="this.value=value0+'~'+value1+'~'...; submit">

Good luck

[Edited by dfparker on 01-15-2001 at 10:53 AM]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo