1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question anchor functionality for dhtml scroll?

Greetings,

I have a document in a <div> which scrolls with two image-arrows (up and down). On top of this site I would like to have an index of sublines that are links to the same headlines further down in the document. So by clicking the indexed headlines you get the dhtmlscroller to scroll down to the same headline.
    Confusing?

Basically, its the same functionality as using anchors (<a name="example">) with a browserscroll, except I want i with a dhtmlscroll.

Calculating the number of pixels down to the right text seems like a bad solution. The document text is also generated from a db and different every time so I need a cllient-side solution.

Greatful for any Ideas or code solutions.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Senior Citizen
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

bjorn_fant -

I posted a possible answer some time ago; it's designed to work with Brattli's scroller but the the concept should be adaptable to others...

anchor tags in a scrolling layer?

hth, adios

oops! Brattli's got a new site, and the scroller is now at http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/script/script4.asp And note: the <div id="divCont"> is now <div id="divScrollTextCont">...
    Last edited by adios; September 30th, 2001 at 05:57 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile great

I think that'll do the trick.

I'll look in to it a bit more soon and get back to you if I have any questions.

thanks again.

/B

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo